Monday 25 May 2015

Current Favorites: May

This is a first of its kind post on my blog. I have seen these kind of posts in other blogs so I thought to give it a chance too.
Firstly, I'm not new to makeup, knowledge wise, I have seen tons of videos and tutorials to instruct and explain various techniques but I have zero experience in doing it. Somehow I haven't had the courage (and by that I mean I'm too poor to buy all the stuff :p ) to do it on myself.
But recently, I bought a few things for my Graduation farewell party because I had absolutely nothing to call a makeup-kit. So I bought the basics and I had some things received in monthly subscription boxes that I never used.
When I did use these, I fell in love with them (literally). And I wonder, why didn't I do this earlier! Girls my age are pouting away their lipsticks at events where I'm happy with Baby Lips :D
So following are the things that I really like and would recommend to everyone who is a beginner at makeup.

1. Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Makeup Foundation (Marble)


I bought this in absolute hurry and because it fits in my budget. It gives a matte finish and a very natural look. Suits my oily skin.

2. Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Foundation (Cinnamon)


I received this in my Fabbag (I can't remember the month but it was almost a year back). It's a mineral foundation so it's good for skin and free from any harmful chemicals.  Very sheer and again, it gives a very natural finish.

3. Lakme 9 to 5 Pure Rouge Blusher (Peach Affair)


This is a very lightweight and sheer blush. It's a dark pink shade with a hint of peach. It isn't very highly pigmented that means you can use it if you want a very sheer look. You'll have to use a lot of product and layer it for a heavy look. It contains very fine shimmer.
As I prefer a more natural look so this is good for me.

4. Maybelline Colossal Kajal
Every Indian girl knows about this product. This is THE most basic makeup that instantly changes the look. I like the Maybelline one out of all the others because it has a lot of value for its price and it stands by its claims.

5. Vega Blush Brush
This is my first makeup brush. I asked the lady behind the counter for a powder brush to go along with mineral foundation but she handed me this instead and I didn't pay attention then. When I returned home and I saw this, I felt like going back and returning it to her face but I had already used it out of utter excitement. :D
Inexpensive brushes are very difficult to find in the market but shockingly, this brush works well with cream foundation, powder and of course, blush.
So it's very valuable for its price! And also the first one that I own. So that makes it special.

That's all for my current favourites!
Do tell me your favorites in the comments. 
Take care :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts here!